Preloader Close

Stay away from Glasses and Lenses

Lasik is a laser eye surgery used to correct refractive errors. In this procedure, a thin laser beam is used to cut the front surface of your eye (the cornea) and change its shape. The new shape of the cornea will allow light beams to once again focus on the retina. Vision should be improved.

For adults with stable eye power, LASIK provides an alternative to glasses and contact lenses
Best Lasik Surgeon
Lasik Eye Surgery

Why is LASIK done?

LASIK is an optional surgery for adults with stable vision. If your eye power has not changed for 1-2 years and you no longer want glasses or contact lenses, LASIK can be used to give your eyes clear vision. LASIK will correct

Short sight (myopia)

Long sight (hyperopia)


Who is an Ideal Candidate for LASIK?

To be eligible, you must

Be at least 21 years

Have a stable eye power for at least 1 year

Have a healthy cornea and retina

LASIK Surgery

Is a simple and safe surgery

Causes almost no pain or discomfort

Leaves no scar

Has fast recovery periods

Has very few complications

Can be enhanced, if necessary

However, please keep in mind that the surgery may not correct your vision 100%.

Best Lasik Surgeon
After the surgery, you may still need to wear spectacles of a lower power. Please discuss all concerns with an eye doctor before deciding on LASIK.

Preparing for LASIK Surgery

Before LASIK Surgery

You will need to complete a few things before your LASIK surgery

You will need to get a pre-surgery eye examination to make sure you are fit for the surgery. This examination typically takes 4-5 hours and can be done at Magdum Hospital on any working day. Based on the examination, around 70% of patients will be approved for LASIK surgery. The remaining 30% are ineligible and cannot have the surgery.

You should NOT wear contact lenses for a minimum of 7 days before coming for the pre-surgery exam.

When deciding if LASIK is right for you, keep in mind that there is no absolute guarantee that it will correct your vision 100%. You will see much better without glasses than you did before. But, you may still need to wear glasses at times to perform certain tasks.

After LASIK Surgery

After the surgery, your eyes may itch and water. Vision will also be blurry. Keep in mind that your eyes are still healing, so it will take time (about 2-3 months) for the vision to clear completely.

For a few weeks after surgery, you should avoid


Contact sports

Swimming in pools or hot tubs

The doctor will tell you if and when it is necessary to come for a follow-up

Know Your Doctor

Dr. Vijay Magdum


Dr. Vijay Magdum is a highly qualified and experienced ophthalmologist with extensive expertise in the field of anterior segment surgery. He holds an MBBS degree and has pursued DOMS at the National Institute of Ophthalmology in Pune, where he received guidance from the esteemed Dr. Shreekant Kelkar. Dr. Magdum has also completed his FCPS from Sir JJ Hospital and Grant Medical College in Mumbai, under the guidance of the renowned Dr. T P Lahane.

With over two decades of experience as a general ophthalmologist, Dr. Magdum is an expert in phaco (cataract surgery), glaucoma treatment, and Lasik surgery. He has a deep understanding of the anterior segment of the eye and is known for his compassionate care and personalized treatment approach. Dr. Magdum's patients appreciate his attention to detail and his ability to explain complex medical procedures in an easy-to-understand manner.

Dr. Vijay Magdum

Check what our patients say about us!